|Job Code : 10054
Job Family: Operations and Administrative
Job Sub-Family : Business Support
Level : M3
Grade : 11
Date Last Edited : 4/25/2017 4:29:34 PM
This senior manager leads a team of managers and professionals to perform diverse work including operations, financial,human resources, information processing, project management, business intelligence, change management, or similar, is generally in support of a larger organizationsuch country or regional operations. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full management through subordinate managers and/or senior professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy broad objectives and department strategies. The incumbent will ensure completion of department responsibilities, calling on available resources to achieve department objectives, working within approved budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for ontime completion of deliverables based on department objectives, service level agreements, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads managers and professionals to administer complex programs and projects, requiring professional expertise, with large scope and complexity and department or organizational level impact.
- Provides management and oversight to the administration of operational duties such as budgeting, systems support, safety, security, orientation, separation, ministry development, communications, travel, purchasing, logistics, training, planning, or related support programs.
- Manages and may sometimes perform professional level work required for the efficient support of the larger function to which he or she is assigned. Intentionally strengthens partnerships with other department managers to support and advance organizational projects and initiatives.
- Leads and facilitates meetings to ensure productive use of time and plays a key role in leadership discussions, shaping strategy and objectives for the supported function. Further, works with internal change leadership, utilizing Compassion’s change management methodology, in communicating strategic changes deriving from or impacting supported function. Oversees the socialization and implementation across the department and monitors change saturation as needed.
- Working through subordinate managers and professionals, ensures staff conducts accurate and meaningful analysis, review, and recommendations to have meaningful impact on the work performed.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams
- Develops departmental work plans guided by functional and organizational plans, impacts the department results by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and organizational objectives• Full accountability for meeting talent (people) and fiscal (budget) goals for area of responsibility
- Manages multiple related teams, sets departmental priorities and allocates resources to align with organizational objectives and annual plan
- Guided by functional and organizational plans, impacts the department results by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies
- Provides leadership to at least two managers and senior level professional staff
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Technology, or related discipline
Licenses and Certifications
Professional certification in profession preferred.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Work Environment Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands – Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements – May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Compassion International uses standardized job families and associated job descriptions. As such, not all employees will be responsible for all functions on this document. Employees may perform these and/or other similar type and level of duties depending on the work group and country to which they are assigned.