This experienced Auditor II will collaborate globally to facilitate organizational accountability and integrity. He or she will use their strong communication skills and technical abilities to support the completion of global process audits, quarterly partnership assessments, management requests, and investigations. The Auditor II may report to a remote Audit Supervisor and work with remote team members. He or she may have the opportunity to travel to and support audit work in multiple countries. Overall responsibilities include: leading audit activities in their home country, including conducting interviews, examining departmental records, communicating issues to the Supervisor of Audit, and following-up on organizational issues. Working with the both the Field Office and Implementing Church Partners gives the Auditor II the ability use their strong analytical skills to identify ways in which Compassion and the local Church successfully partner. All auditors are required to read, write, and speak English.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
• Performs audits to review supporting documents for compassion operations and communicates findings to audit and operating management.
• Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, excessiveness, wastefulness, fraud, or noncompliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
• May travel to Compassion project sites to audit operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance and general management practices. Conducts audits in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
• Examines and documents risks, internal processes, and related controls, and conducts appropriate tests during the audit fieldwork.
• May travel to Compassion partners and inspect programs against documented standards and sound control practices. He or she will audit on a full range of standards and best practices such as management, operational, staffing, legal, planning, procedural, and financial compliance. Conducts audits using a consultative, partnership approach, helping the partner to uncover issues and implement corrective action.
• May coach and provide expertise to other auditors
• Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities
• Understands key organizational drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
• Provides informal guidance to new team members
• Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
• Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Bachelor’s Degree Risk Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline
Three years Professional experience working in audit, finance, risk management, governance, or similar field
involving international, inter-cultural operations.
Licenses and Certifications
The auditor will demonstrate an ability to develop positive and trusting cross-cultural relationships.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Work Environment Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule