|Job Family:||Human Resources|
|Job Sub-Family||Human Resources Business Partners|
|Date Last Edited:||6/30/2017 9:24:19 AM|
This seasoned partner designs, implements and advises on human resource programs and policies, including performance management, discipline, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity and employee relations. At this career level, the incumbent anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs and trends. This professional is generally competent in several human resources specialties and may be called on to coach or oversee the work of junior business partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Coaches managers, answering questions and instilling a sense of responsibility on matters such as employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, performance management, staff development, termination, compensation issues, succession planning, benefits, and talent acquisition. Partners with appropriate senior leadership to properly engage employees in achieving functional objectives in the client area.
- Educates employees, answering questions on matters such as employee-manager interactions, conflict resolution,performance management, compensation issues, and benefits.
- In some locations, assists with or performs recruiting, benefits administration, employee health and wellness, and other human resources related programs.
- Uses current and complete understanding of local and national laws and regulations covering employment issues to protect Compassion’s interests by ensuring the ministry is in compliance with legal requirements are as well as providing and implementing relevant recommendations to the client groups on necessary practices/programs changes to meet these requirements.
- Investigates, and makes recommendations for resolution regarding employee or other stakeholder concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and similar matters.
- Analyzes the level of engagement through HR metrics, using personal expertise or assessment instruments. Recommends and institutes timely programs, methods and other interventions to address issues that hinder team’s level of success.
- Coordinates programs for client groups such as annual merit, performance management, benefits enrollment, and new employee orientation. May facilitate events for client teams such as team-building, merit program meetings, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions.
- Coaches and provides expertise to other professionals and support staff in the Human Resources discipline.
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the brand in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline
Work Experience :
Seven years – Professional experience working as a human resources generalist, business partner, or similar field. May require knowledge of employment regulations in multiple countries.
Licenses and Certifications :
Professional In Human Resources certification.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Work Environment : Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands : Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements : May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Compassion International uses standardized job families and associated job descriptions. As such, not all employees will be responsible for all functions on this document. Employees may perform these and/or other similar type and level of duties depending on the work group and country to which they are assigned