This intermediate specialist consults on, develops and implements holistic child development programs and interventions. The specialist generally provides highly competent knowledge in one or more holistic development subspecialties in this field and is helpful in others. At this career level, the incumbent supports the local program design, performing independently on moderately complex issues. He or she may coach other specialists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in individual areas of specialization. Aids partnership facilitators, learning staff, communications staff and managers by providing coaching and knowledge within area of specialty. Supports child development community learning and improvement among staff and other stakeholders.
- Regularly assesses changing need for and ability to deliver programming within area of expertise. Consolidates national and local data to identify common gaps and patterns. May develop strategy; maintains and supports the implementation of strategy within area of expertise. Provides advice in support of other strategy development with the country office as needed.
- Provides skilled program design support to other staff. Supports the ongoing development and implementation of local program design in alignment with the global objectives. May provide expertise to other field office professionals, support staff and ICP staff/volunteers to ensure that Implementing Church Partners are adequately informed and equipped to provide holistic development to caregivers, children and youth.
May facilitate the identification of resource components (internal and external) for specific child development strategies and plans in support of partnership facilitator efforts with ICPs. May provide information to management and other decision-makers regarding allocation of appropriate resources. May provide input to and/or develop Interventions for funding within area of expertise.
- Designs, implements, and monitors specific holistic child development strategies and interventions. Serves partnership facilitators by providing capacity-building and child/youth/caregiver engagement activities in area of expertise. May contextualize portions of curriculum relevant to their expertise or other resources for child and youth development. Works with partnership facilitation by ensuring intervention records, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Reviews data, reports and utilizes findings to support management and key stakeholders in improving program initiatives, interventions and child outcomes.
- May provide expertise to other program support staff in the field office.
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key organizational drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor’s Degree: in related field.
Three years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
Licenses and Certifications
When this position is filled outside the US, different context may apply. For more details, see the additional Job Brief for each specialty.
|Program Support Specialist – Childhood Development
Program Support Specialist – CIV
Program Support Specialist – Health
Program Support Specialist – Survival & Early Childhood
Program Support Specialist – Youth
|Childhood Development Job Brief
CIV Job Brief
Health Job Brief
Survival & Early Childhood Job Brief
Youth Job Brief
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Work Environment Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Compassion International uses standardized job families and associated job descriptions. As such, not all employees will be responsible for all functions on this document. Employees may perform these and/or other similar type and level of duties depending on the work group and country to which they are assigned.