This entry-level trainer partners with program subject matter experts to support the partnership team by designing of effective learning processes, contextualizing content and delivering live learning events. Further, this incumbent may recommend and evaluate training vendors to provide, develop, and/or deliver training interventions. At this career level, the incumbent may still be learning and assisting with training activities and initiatives. Normally working within his or her assigned country, the trainer assists with full learning cycle, including needs analysis, design & development, implementation and evaluation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Delivers content in skill based training in a few subject areas. Schedules training facilities, logistics and transportation, for self and others, and prepares instructional materials (such as printing and shipping). Also assesses skills and knowledge of participants, and prepares training reports to provide to supervisor. Receives instruction and guidance from senior specialists and generally follows established procedures.
- Assist with presenting learning solutions including areas such as child development, child protections, and health interventions. Combines platform delivery and a variety of facilitation skills to create meaningful and engaging group experiences. Participates in development and implementation activities contextualize content and reinforce key learnings and assess effectiveness. Assesses and reports learner performance and training transfer.
- Uses dynamic learning environments to meet specific learning objectives, guiding participants, generally in small group settings, through structured learning and interaction, often adjusting style as necessary for culture and knowledge level.
- May assist in auditing and evaluating existing content, assesses needs and results, assists with development of new programs, modifies existing programs, or recommends changes as appropriate.
- Helps coordinate logistics for training events and delivers learning opportunities for small and medium. May recommend and evaluate training and learning vendors to provide, develop, and/or deliver training for program employees or church partners.
- Delivers globally and locally developed content through understanding local context and ministry culture, training on different platforms/blended learning (i.e. local, remote, large group, instructive, facilitative, computer-based training).
- Helps ensure learning approach is contextualized with program staff to meet special learning needs of partners. Aids in ensuring relevancy and simplifying and transferring program concepts, providing insight of emerging learning and development strategies and best practices to enhance the success of assigned learning programs.
- May help facilitate non-training program events such as team-building, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions for partners and local program staff.
- Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a job discipline
- Applies general knowledge developed through education or past experience
- Accountable for own contributions
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor’s Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in this or related field.
N/A No experience is required beyond the minimum education requirement.
***Experience working in this or similar position or filed is an advantage.
***Able to communicate in Thai / English and Karen.
Extensive cultural knowledge within assigned country.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Work Environment Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule
Other May be required to travel to or work in non-standard environments in rural, semi-rural, and underdeveloped locations.