|Job Code : 10509
Job Family : Child Program
Job Sub-Family : Program Support
Level : M3
Grade : 11
Date Last Edited : 6/7/2017 4:46:52 PM
This senior manager leads subordinate managers and professionals who independently consult on, develop and implement child development programs and interventions. Often responsible for the area or region, manages assigned professional staff andinculcates all initiative with Compassion’s theory of change and theory of action. The leader ensures that holistic child development is considered in all initiatives. The manager supports the development and implementation of local theories of action in support of the global theory of change framework. In National Offices, he or she also leads the Sponsor Donor Services, Tours and Visits, and Program Training functions. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full management through subordinate managers and/or senior professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy broad objectives and department strategies. The incumbent will ensure completion of department responsibilities, calling on available resources to achieve department objectives, working within approved budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for ontime completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads professionals, generally through subordinate managers, as they provide comprehensive consulting on, develop, and implement holistic child development programs and interventions. Assigned staff consult on theory of change, theory of action, child program survival, health, and other related initiatives; and analyzes reports to support partnership facilitators in improving program initiatives and interventions.
- Manages teams of professionals that facilitate development and implementation of resource components to achieve specific ministry strategies and plans. Champions major proposals and prioritization plans to garner and effectively deploy resources to partners. Provides information to regional and country management and other decision-makers to ensure appropriate resources are allocated as required to effectively administer roll out, implementation and maintenance major interventions. Leads professionals who ensure proposals, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and
delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Key deliverable is ensuring that partnership facilitators are provided with various child development expertise and that learning staff get the subject matter expert information necessary to develop curriculum. Consults on and monitors spiritual, emotional, and physical development interventions, and drives improvement program implementation. Advances ideas and programs such as spiritual formation and leads efforts toward broad community engagement.
- Champions assigned staff plans for capacity-building and strategy and creating child/youth engagement activities. Ensures developing and implementing major innovations and sharing the best practice of child/youth activities, coordinating with partner ministries, and equipping Christian community leaders for child/youth development transformation in their communities. Guides strategy development with key stakeholders such as partnership facilitators and implementing church partners.
- Provides direction and leadership to the Sponsor Donor Services and Tours and Visits teams to ensure that Global Program commitments to serve sponsors and donors are fulfilled. Also leads the Program Training function, working closely with the Partnership Team to meet the training needs of the International Church Partners.
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams
- Develops departmental work plans guided by functional and organizational plans, impacts the department results by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and organizational objectives
- Full accountability for meeting talent (people) and fiscal (budget) goals for area of responsibility
- Manages multiple related teams, sets departmental priorities and allocates resources to align with organizational objectives and annual plan
- Guided by functional and organizational plans, impacts the department results by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies
- Provides leadership to at least two managers and senior level professional staff
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in this or related field.
Licenses and Certifications
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Work Environment Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands – Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements – May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Compassion International uses standardized job families and associated job descriptions. As such, not all employees will be responsible for all functions on this document. Employees may perform these and/or other similar type and level of duties depending on the work group and country to which they are assigned.